WPPSI-IV - Wechsler Pre-school and Primary School Scale of Intelligence - 4th. edition
The test used for assessing school readiness for early entry/giftedness is called the WPPSI-IV - Wechsler Pre-school and Primary School Scale of Intelligence - 4th. edition
The process for this assessment is as follows:
- An interview (around 1 hour) with parents to obtain some developmental and educational/social history. This interview is conducted with parents alone.
- On another day following this interview, assessment using the WPPSI-IV will take place. This test usually takes somewhere between 1.5 and 2 hours (with breaks), and is conducted with the child alone. Parents are welcome to wait in the waiting room for the duration of the test, or leave and collect the child at the end of the assessment.
- Parents are expected to provide a small snack/drink for their child to have during the brief break scheduled during the assessment period
- A report will be provided within 7 – 10 days of the assessment, unless extraordinary circumstances precent this occurring.
- Please note that parents will not be sent copies of the report without a feedback session. Not well electronic versions of the report are sent to parents.
If there are any further questions regarding this assessment, please e mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0417 452 365.
Please note that if your child has undertaken this test at any time during the last 18 months, it cannot be re-administered until at least this period has passed. The results of any test conducted too soon after the first test are considered invalid.