Public Sector Work History Summary
Dr Connor’s public-sector working history spans 46 years, her most relevant employment prior to taking up full-time private practice in 2015 being as Associate Professor (Psychology) at the University of Canberra, 2010-2014. In this position, Dr Connor occupied the role of Director of the Psychology clinic there. Dr Connor was responsible for training and supervising the clinical work of students in the Masters in Clinical Psychology and Ph.D programs at the University. Dr Connor has an ongoing interest in her work with students.
Prior to her appointment as Associate Professor, Dr Connor was employed (2006-beginning of 2010) in the position of Director of the Social Work and Psychology Department at Calvary Healthcare ACT, an acute healthcare setting in Canberra.
Other positions held previously include the following:
- Implementation Manager, Intensive Treatment and Support Program, Disability ACT (temporary 6-month position);
- Acting Manager (SOG B) Client Services [Adoption Unit], Office of Children, Youth and Family Services (OCYFS);
- Team Leader, Family Group Conferencing Unit, OCYFS;
- Senior Psychologist in the Assessment Unit of Family Services (now Child Protection Services, Office of Children, Youth and Family Support), undertaking voluntary and court ordered assessments of adults, children and families;
- Senior Practitioner with Family Services, providing a consultative service to other staff members regarding complex cases; psychologist;
- counsellor/mediator with the Family Court Mediation Service; and
- psychologist, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).
Dr Connor has also provided supervision to fully registered, provisional psychologists and Masters students over several years.