Dr Connor has been in full-time private practice in Belconnen ACT since 2015 although was in private practice (part-time) for 15 years prior to that, alongside public sector work. Dr Connor’s focus in her practice is two-fold:
- the undertaking of complex assessments of children, adolescents and families for therapeutic intervention, and also for court-related purposes;
- the treatment of individuals with a range of mental health presentations, and in particular, those who have suffered long-term and multiple trauma experiences as children and/or adults.
Dr Connor also has a strong interest in the field of neuroscoience, having recently completed further post-graduate stuides in this field at Sydney University (Brain and Mind Research Institute) and sees that the knowledge gained in this additional study is essential to providing accurate diagnoses and appropriate interventions.
More specifically, the work undertaken for her practice comprises a range of services:
- psychological assessment/diagnostic consideration (some of this for court-related purposes);
- educational and cognitive assessments;
- developmental and behavioural assessments of children;
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) assessments;
- family and individual assessments for the Children’s Court, the Family Court and Federal Court Circuit (Dr Connor is registered as an assessor and expert witness with these courts); and
- individual therapy services for individuals and families.